What is a Jumpbook?
Jumpbooks are textbooks with enhanced functionality that are available in digital format. Jumpbooks are purchased at your local bookstore and delivered electronically to your computer via Jumpbooks.com. You save money with the low prices and gain functionality with the enhanced features Jumpbooks offers. You have the ability to search the entire text for a word or phrase, add comments, create your own bookmarks, and print on demand from your personal computer or laptop.
What do I need in order to use my Jumpbook(s)?
- A computer that meets the minimum system requirements (see below).
- A high-speed Internet connection. Because Jumpbooks are large files, a high-speed Internet connection is required to ensure you can download your Jumpbook quickly and effectively. A connection to the Internet is required for reading a Jumpbook if you choose the recommended, online-viewer option.
- Free software to read your Jumpbook. Either CourseSmart Reader or VitalSource Bookshelf is required depending on the Jumpbook purchased. Information on the reader software required will be listed next to the Jumpbook title before you download.
- An account on Jumpbooks.com. Register here.
- The receipt number and access code found on your bookstore sales receipt.
If you have all the items listed above, activate and download your Jumpbook today!
Minimum System Requirements
- Intel Pentium processor or PowerPC G3, G4, or G5 processor
- Windows 2000 -> XP, or Mac OS X 10.3 or greater
- 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
- Up to 120MB of available hard-disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution or larger.
Jumpbooks.com recommends that you download your Jumpbook to a non-public computer (a personal computer or laptop) to ensure that you can successfully retrieve the file after download.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I give my Jumpbook to others?
- Jumpbooks are designed to be downloaded by a single user, on one computer. However, if the title is in CourseSmart format, and the customer chooses the online access option, the single user can open the Jumpbook through the internet at multiple computers.
- How long can I keep my Jumpbook?>
- >All CourseSmart titles will expire. The Jumpbook expiration date can be located on the back of each Jumpbook tag in the bookstore. The time until expiration begins at the moment you activate your Jumpbook.
- Can I print my Jumpbook?
- Yes, most Jumpbooks have no limitations regarding printing. In the event a Jumpbook does have a printing restriction, it can be located on the back of the each Jumpbook tag in the bookstore.
- What if my computer crashes and I lose my Jumpbook?
- If the Jumpbooks were purchased through VitalSource books, or the book was downloaded directly through CourseSmart, it is recommended that you immediately make a backup copy after downloading your Jumpbook. Create a copy of your Jumpbook and save it to removable media such as CD, DVD, or a USB drive. Jumpbooks.com is not responsible for accidentally deleted or lost files. Making a backup copy will allow you to restore the Jumpbook to the same computer to which you originally downloaded the file in the event of a disaster. Note: The backup file Jumpbook does not allow the shopper to open it on a different computer. For assistance in restoring a backed up title, please contact the content provider (VitalSource, CourseSmart) for further assistance.
- Can I return my Jumpbook for a refund?
- You may return a non-accessed Jumpbook by bringing your original sales receipt to the bookstore where you originally purchased it (unless otherwise noted in the bookstore’s return policy). Please note: Once a Jumpbook has been downloaded or accessed it is no longer returnable..
I have a question that isn't answered here.
For technical questions or assistance using a
Jumpbook, e-mail support at email@example.com
For return or refund questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions, email: email@example.com
Unable to find the answers to your questions in any of the above help categories? Please contact support with a detailed description of your problem or question.
In order to facilitate troubleshooting, please include the following information in your correspondence:
- Steps to reproduce the problem (in as much detail as possible)
- Exact text of any error message (screen shots are helpful)
- URL(s) of any error page(s) you encounter
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Download or Online viewer version
- Reciept number and access code
- Operating system (Windows XP, Windows 98 SE, etc.)
- Internet browser and version (Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox 1.0.7, etc. In most browsers, find this under Help > About.)
- If applicable, device type and operating system